Ya know, performance artists are so used to giving their talent away for free that when an occasion presents itself in which they can actually fill their coffers even a little bit they come close to fainting dead away. Seen it, done it. Just such an opportunity is upon us, people, but you've got to stay conscious long enough to read about it and act on it, 'kay? I knew you would.
Milwaukee Public Theatre (MPT) will be holding auditions tomorrow and Sunday, June 13 and 14, at the Lapham Park Community Services Building, 650 W. Reservoir--that's 2 blocks north of Walnut Street--and their looking for all kinds of performers to help them flesh out their 2009/2010 season of shows, outreach programs and special events.
Find yourself in one of these sought after categories:
• Singers--gospel, world, jazz, Broadway, and classical
• Dancers--Latin, African, hip hop, tap, modern, and jazz
• Actors--classical, contemporary and improv; bilingual Spanish skills a plus
• Musicians--Latin, African, world ethno/pop, soloists and/or ensembles, Broadway/classical/jazz pianists and accompanists
• Circus performers, variety acts, storytellers, celebrity impersonators, etc.
Saturday, June 13, 9:30AM-12 noon
Sunday, June 14, 3-6PM
These are PAID gigs--sweet!--so if you're 15 years or older, you need to prepare a 1-2 minute audition piece and bring 3 copies of your resume/photo and a cassette or CD for accompaniment. Actors, singers and dancers must show their beautiful faces and bodies at the start time on either day and stay to the end. Be sure to slap on clothing that allows you to move freely and easily.
Now go get 'em!
Link (Thanks, Linda & Kathleen!)